In alignment with opening guidelines stated by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and the CDC, we have incorporated extensive, new and improved sanitation practices into every aspect of our operations. This includes the requirement that all service providers must complete a Georgia State Barbicide Course prior to servicing any guests. This course educates the salon and spa industry about infection control and providing a safe service for all. We want you to be confident in knowing that we are taking your safety and that of our team at Salon and Spa Venessa very seriously.
- Keeping a social distance – We have created a schedule to split shifts, thereby reducing the number of people in the building by a minimum of 50%. Additionally, salon service providers will be working in every other station, leaving an empty station between each provider keeping a safe distance between guests.
- Temperature check – We will perform a touchless temperature check on all guests before entering the building. A temperature above 99.5 degrees will require rescheduling an appointment.
- Wearing masks – All salon and spa employees will be required to wear a face mask. We will also require all salon and spa guests to wear a face mask securing it behind the ears, upon arrival for an appointment and for the duration of the appointment.
- Eliminating a blow-dry – Temporarily, we will not blow-dry hair in order to prevent the forceful airflow of any germs. We ask that you arrive for your appointment with clean hair that has been shampooed within 3 hours of your appointment time. If hair is long, please dry and pull it away from your face. Hair will be sprayed with water in lieu of a shampoo, or flat-ironed and cut dry.
- Shampooing color clients only – We will limit shampoos only for the process of removing color from hair, avoiding the further possibility of germ spread. *Please be aware that our shampoo and blow adjustments are strictly temporary but needed in order to resume salon services at this time.
- Touchless greetings and goodbyes – Although our employees would love to warmly greet you with a hug or a handshake, we will not be able to do so at this time. However, as always, we will greet you with a smile.
- Limiting guests – When you arrive at Salon and Spa Venessa for your appointment, please remain in your car and call our guest services desk. We will alert your service provider that you have arrived and will ask that you to refrain from entering the building until your appointment time. Additionally, please do not bring any extra guests along with you, and under no circumstances will pets be allowed in the salon or spa at this time. Late arrivals will be rescheduled.
- Reducing personal belongings – Please limit the personal belongings you bring with you to your salon or spa appointment, perhaps bring only your phone and a form of payment.
- Changing room policies – Salon guests receiving color will be given a clean smock to wear during their service. We will provide these guests with a plastic bag to contain any clothing or personal belongings and it will be kept with you during your hair appointment. A freshly clean cape with a Sanek strip will be used for all guests receiving a haircut. We also ask that you arrive for your appointment in clean clothing. Spa guests will use their spa treatment room to change into a spa robe and will also be given a plastic bag to contain clothing and belongings.
- Eliminating beverages – We will not be offering any beverages of any kind in our salon or spa. Unfortunately, beverage stations will be removed until further notice.
- Minimizing cash exchange – During this time, we prefer that you pay for all services and retail products with a debit or credit card. Additionally, the guest services desk will no longer accept cash gratuities for any service provider. Please give all cash gratuities directly to your stylist or spa therapist.
We hope that implementing the above initiatives, along with the continual disinfection and cleaning all areas of our salon and spa, will confidently allow you to experience the same exceptional services at Salon and Spa Venessa. Although, some are our personalized salon and spa rituals will temporarily change, we will continue to provide services of beauty and wellness in professional atmosphere.
Thank you for your extreme patience and kindness as we get through this time of uncertainty together.